Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design rectangular spiral inductor - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw_rookie

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design rectangular spiral inductor

I have used the ADS rectangular inductor smart component to design an inductor. after using the passive circuit design guide.. i have used the design in the layout with the rest of the circuit. now the problem is a spiral inducotr is usually designed with 2 metal layers in substrate definiton...and a via which i am not sure how do define. so how do i do that with this inductor that I defiend using the smart component. and howdo I calculate the dimensions of the metal from the centre to the next component i.e. a 50 Ω line and the outermost turn to the previous component i.e. a radial stub representing a capacitor. If someone could also clarify what layers are to be deifned and how...and which connecting line is to be placed on which layer I'd be very grateful. thnx...

spiral inductor design

You8 can use any layer, but you need to be careful while momentum-->substrate-->create m/modify.
You can cross check the same with 3D view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back