Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of UWB antenna for WLAN applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng.mansour

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am working in this project and I have some questions about it:

*what is the types of UWB antenna which covers the frequency 3.1GHz-10.6GHz and which one is the best one to use?

*What references can you help me with for this subject?

Regards,

Mansour

so wide of the bandwidth, I guess spiral antenna can do so.

Find Microwave Journal, in last 2-3 years I have seen many Chinese and Korean designs there of UWB antennas. I wonder why would one need an UWB antenna for a WLAN when WLANs only use 2.4 and 5.8 GHz bands with antennas optimized for that.

yes, it is no need to design a UWB antenna, just a very small pacth antenna is OK.

Thanks all for your answers,
My project have to cover all this range so I have to do it like this

waiting for your answers

best regards,
Mansour

you can start with any basic designs like rectangular, circular, square etc.. then apply techniques like notch, bevelling, slots, steps (stairs) to enhance or expand your bandwidth.. also note how important is your ground in enhancing the overall bandwidth.

as long as you can get a good radiation pattern with acceptable gain and size, your antenna is good enough. See the attached file for bandwidth enhancement techs, you can then search for every antenna and understand its parameters.

Attachments

• BANDWIDTH ENHANCEMENT TECHNIQUES COMPARISON.pdf
    379.3 KB · Views: 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back