Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of two stage Op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvahini

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a HW to deisign a two stage op-amp which include a differential amplifier(stage 1) with a single-ended output,a CS amplifier(stage 2).Purpose of the CS amp is not only to boost the gain but also to assist in stabilizing the op-amp.One of the input terminals of the input diff amp can be "inverting input" and the other input is "non-inverting input".

Specs:
DC Power Supply=2.5V
Max Power consumption=10mW
Open loop Voltage gain=80dB
Voltage Swing=2V
Phase Margin of atleast 45 deg
Unity Gain Crossover Freq of compensated op amp atleast 10 MHz
Bias Requirements:Circuit should operate on a single voltage supply.For biasing use a resistor(precision),supply voltage and design appropriate current mirrors for the circuit.

I want the circuit and the hand calculations if possible....
Can u please reply ASAP.

you can find it in this book(chapter 6):
CMOS Analog Circuit Design.2e.by P.E.Allen

Good luck

yvahini said:
Thank you so much......

Hi
If you have solved the problem of yours.....can you plz help me....

Because i am also doing the same calculations referred Allen.Holberg for equations....

I have posted the same in edaboard as "How to Design a two-stage high-speed op-Amp using equations"....

I am getting very low gain after calculations....

Specification:
gain>= 70db.
GBW=100Mhz.
SR>=30v/us.

Status
Not open for further replies.