Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of parabolic antenna for satellite data reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandaP

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ....I want to design a parabolic reflector for satellite data reception. It has to work for wideband of frequencies i.e from 1-10 GHz. So what type of Feeder I have to use. please help me to design it.

for this range usually spiral cavity back or Ridge horn is used for more information u can see datasheet of the Q-Par co

for this range usually spiral cavity back or Ridge horn is used for more information u can see datasheet of the Q-Par co

Your problem is wrongly defined. Satellite signal is very low level and the terrestrial receiver must have a good G/T ratio to operate. This cannot be achieved with a "wideband" antenna as you would like.
Study satellite system design, and look how it is really done. In each of frequency bands the receiving antenna and low-noise receiver must be optimized in a relatively narrow bandwidth.
At 1 GHz you would have to use a 5-meter dish for acceptable results while at 8 GHz a 1-foot dish may work.
BTW, there is no "satellite data" frequency band at 1 GHz , nor at 10 GHz. Downlinks run at 1.5 GHz, 3.5-4.4 GHz, at 7-8 GHz, and then 10.7-12.3 GHz, 19.2-20.2 GHz, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back