Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of MPPT for Solar panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynix

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
timnolan + homepower

Hi Those who are interested for the same can look at the link below
free HOME-POWER Journal for free
**broken link removed**
Also I am interested to have compleat design of MPPT(Maximum Power Point Tracker) for Solar pannel any one out there intereste to share more info about that.

timnolan mppt

hynix said:
**broken link removed**
Also I am interested to have compleat design of MPPT(Maximum Power Point Tracker) for Solar pannel any one out there intereste to share more info about that.

This looks really interesting! I´am on!

tim nolan mppt

hi there;

i know a lot about MPPT and designing a line synchronized inverter (find a post with subject "Photovoltaic" i discuss a problem i am having). i would be happy to discuss and/or share information on this subject.

you can post here, or private message me.

Mr.Cool

Re: Home Made Power

hynix said:
**broken link removed**

hynix, I guess you have electrical solar panels in mind? My need is an MPPT device for an "water" solar panel. As I see it, it should do the same job. I have pictured the device as a time and date controlled positioning system. Let the calendar control elevation and rotation of the panel.
I appreciate your company MrCool.

What are your thug’s guys?

personally i am using the "incremental conductance" method to find the maximum power from a solar panel.

but i can't start on the software cause i can't get my programmer to communicate with my software :(

i've spent many many hours fiddling with it... grrr....

Mr.Cool

**broken link removed**

I've found a relatively cheap way to create my own power. Just buy a Marine windmill for around $900-1200, and attach it to an synchronized inverter. For less then around $2000 you could be producing around 400watts. Enough to power most of the lights in most homes.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

These windmills are unobtrusive, easy to install and quiet.

This is just me, thinking outside of the box.

Have you seen the Tim Nolan MPPT:
**broken link removed**
Its a very interesting design based on sw runing on a pic. The software also regulary turn the MPPT on and off to measure the improved effiency for debug purpose.

/Froggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back