Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of microwave mixer with ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdiye

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
do you have any example of microwave mixer design with ADS?
I want to desgn a mixer in 3GHz and with
paralell coupled filter
schotcy diod
stepped impedanse filter

the filter should have examples.
diode should use ADS diode model and input your spec.
Why do you need a stepped impedance filter for 3GHz?

thanks dear tony
Is diod schotcy model in ADS?
it is my homework...and I force to use a stepped impedance filter for it...

Hello,

The ADS diode model will work for a Schottky contact. To my understanding the diode model will work for any diode which exhibits a non-linear I-V ~ I=Is e^(Vd/nVt). In the ADS schematic you will have to include the diode model parameters and fill in the appropriate values for a Schottky contact: Is, Rs, Cjo, Vj, ...etc.. Data sheets for existing Schottky diodes on the market could give you starting point for these values if you don't have a specific contact area, substrate, and doping level you must use.

Hope that helps,
Sami

Untitled.pngIS this model true?
I wanna to know what simulator is suitable for this design??!
Is HArmonic balance suitable?

Last edited:

Hello again,

Harmonic balance will work for non-linear analysis. You will have to label the node which you want to plot the spectrum of, in your case the node connected to your 50 ohm load.

Your circuit topology isn't quite set up to act as a mixer, I am assuming you wanted to create a frequency down converter. You will need a second source, the LO, to modulate the diode. There are many example topologies on line and within the Agilent/Keysight documentation.

hello
my design is similar this picture
refrence's pic is stephen mass bookmixer.png

No, this will not simulate correctly. Simulation is wrong if you use the wrong type of circuit models, or in your case ideal wires.

The reason is that this ring resonator needs coupling to the other lines, and model-based simulation includes that coupling only if you use models for coupled microstrip lines (MCLIN in the microstrip lines palette, where the "C" stand for coupled). If you use normal microstrip (MLIN) then each line is simulated independently, with no coupling to other lines. And you have used wires (ideal connections) which is even worse than MLIN because it is an ideal connection (no physical length). Use MLIN for the uncoupled lines and MCLIN for the coupled line, then check your resonator.

~~

As a new ADS user, this tutorial might also help you:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back