Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DESIGN OF LOW NOISE AMPLIFIER( HELP ME)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think u need to make it 2 stage , coz the gain of the transistor is 15 dB , so u need 2 stage

khouly

thx for replay khouly but,
How do I make second stage? plz describe completely!

design the 1st stage with this transistor , so u can get the lowest noise figuure but moderate gain , then design a second stage another transistor to give iu the gain u want

but u go check the stability and the linearity of the complete amplifier

khouly

Thanks for your reply.

Can I get e-book for free that you have mentioned me, I have got conformed through my Institute there is no book like this that they have.

The Boo is Practical RF Circuit Design for Modern Wireless Systems VOL II

If you know sight to get the book hwlp me out.

Thanks

Regards
Afzal

I made second stage (upload in word doc) but I have some questions.

1. In my design, The second stage have dc biasing circuit only. Is it true ? or each stage should have a dc biasing circuit?

2. Power gain is lower than maximum stable gain , but it is less than 20 db in end of band ( about 17.5 db). I can not add another stage. How do I increase it without using 3rd stage?

3. S21 parameter is true?

Thx

I think FETs' are better than HBTs' for low noise figure.

Dear maryam_2

u need to add for every stage a bias circuit , so every one have its own bias network

another thing , int he end of the band it is 6 Ghz , do u want ur LNA very wideband u r talking about 5 Ghz BW which is very high , u need to study windeband techniques

khouly

Re: low noise amplifier design project

Attached is block diagram of LNA I have design in C-band(3.4 to 4.2Ghz ) and measured results are meeting the specs mentioned in attached file you can extend its bandwidth by doing some matching.

Regards
Asim Ali

Will it work if i connect them? not any other tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back