Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of logic circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssubha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have the following scenario . there are 8 inputs numbered from 0 to 7. Each input has identifier indicating the number it maps to between 0 to 7. I need to design a circuit that will output the inputs having a number. for example the number 4 is in inputs 1, 3, 5, 6. if i give the input to the module as 4 it should output 1, 3, 5, 6. I request you to let me know the procedure to design this module.

Well, as far as I have understood, you wish to find the indices of a memory containing your searched number. Like, if 0-7 are indices of a 8 blocks memory in which each can have a number, now you wish to find the indices containing the number you searched for. This can be done by using Muxes and Comparators in discrete circuits. If you wish to do it in FPGAs, then this can be easily done by using block RAMs or Discrete Registers and then comparing each register or RAM index to your required value.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
MSBR

I have the following scenario . there are 8 inputs numbered from 0 to 7. Each input has identifier indicating the number it maps to between 0 to 7. I need to design a circuit that will output the inputs having a number. for example the number 4 is in inputs 1, 3, 5, 6. if i give the input to the module as 4 it should output 1, 3, 5, 6. I request you to let me know the procedure to design this module.

based on your previous questions in other threads, I suppose this is another homework assignment you would like to get an edaboard member to do for you. :-(

The point of these assignments is to get you to learn how to think and design something. If members give you solutions you'll never learn how to design something, which will make you useless to any company interested in hiring a design engineer.

How about making an attempt at designing this circuit, then post questions that pertain to problems that you are having with the functionality of your implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back