dss91

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Audio Experts and aspirants,

First of all i will try to put my agenda of my system:

>capture of ubiquitous speech of a area under surveillance and further transfer it to a RF module that's it

In that event i have chosen to use a stereo codec chip from TI - AIC3204 which has inbuilt programmable IIR Bi-quad Filter having a transfer function as shown below

Code:
         N0       +   (2* N1 * z^-1 )  +   (N2 * z^-2)
H(z)=---------------------------------------------
          (2^23)  -       (D1 * z^-1)    -   (D2 * z^-2)

i have five such Biquad Blocks through which using 2 i can make out a Band Pass Filter (200-3800) while speech being captured at a sampling rate of 8000 samples / sec,More over the coefficient is a 2s complemented 24 bit value

now my problem is how to find out the above coefficients of the bi-quad blocks (i dont want to use any ready made calculators as one such called TIBQ calculator as i want a subjective approach towards my task)

neither i have found a solution from matlab or any simulators

what do you say do any of have got a approach to find out Bi quad Filter Coefficients

You usually start with the transfer function of the time-continuous filter prototype (e.g. Butterworth, Chebychev) and convert it to z-domain by bilinear or similar transformation.

I'm sure that you can do that in Matlab.

As a lazy engineer, I prefer tools that directly give the z-domain transfer function for a given filter specification.

I'm sure that you can do that in Matlab.

if you are that sure show me the way, i too can go with the way you mentioned but finally my filter to work i have to fill my filter coefficients with the needed

but not what i obtained

tell me if u have a way

Refer following link:
**broken link removed**

oh very thanks this really helped me but what actually is my problem is this is just a second order how could i find it for a 10th order filter

Status
Not open for further replies.