Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of half wave dipole antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashokone

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

is it possible to design dipole antenna for 50ghz and above..which tool support this..
is it freely avaliable other than matlab.

if i am using matlab for the design of antenna,i want to know the dimension in pdetool.. how to check these dimension

No, is not possible.

hi vfone

what you are saying is 50Ghz design is not at all possible with any tool.

if so which tool i can use for this? help

You can design a half length dipole at whatever freq you want and you don't need any sophisticated tool (freely NEC versions are enough, even paper and pencil). I think vfone says that, even if you can built it (two arms of 1.5 mm length) it will not work as an antenna. Losses will ruin its radiation efficiency. It's an useless work.
In electromagnetics (well, in engineering), there is always a long path between simulation and real life
Don't believe sales people "From your PC to the first time working proto" design doesn't exist.
That's life

Hi,

The half-wave dipole is always a half-wave dipole, no matter the frequency since the real length is normalized to the wavelength. So, the radiation properties of a dipole 3 mm long at 50 GHz will be the same as the radiation properties of a dipole 3 m long at 50 MHz. Both dipoles are half-wave dipoles at each frequency. However, conductor losses are not scalable with frequency, so a greater loss resistance will appear at 50 GHz, which affects the radiation resistance of the dipole.

It is enough using a wire antenna code, like NEC-based (MiniNEC, EzNEC) or **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back