Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of gate drivers - askingfor advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

enea

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design of gate drivers

Hi,
I need to design the gate drivers for the 2 swiches (S1 and S2) on the secondary side of this circuit.

They are two bi-directional switches with this topology.
43_1226396958.jpg

The source potential is floating so I need a supply that gives the needed voltage (in this case 10-12V) referenced to this potential. The question is if I have to use two different supply for S1 and S2 or if there is a way to use only one supply for the drivers.

Thank you.
Enea

Re: design of gate drivers

I think you can use same gate drive circuit which is being used for inverter switching.
For IGBTD and IGBTD2 use two isolated supplies,and for IGBTD1 and IGBTD3 you can use one supply whose ground is common with Vdc ground.

For the H-bridge I thought about using two high-low side drivers which use a bootstrap circuit. My question was about the drivers for the switches S1 and S2.

hello

u can use pulse transfromer for this gate drive circuit...if need full deatils me me

darla

yes i also thought about using a pulse transformer with two outputs isolated from each other and to make it simpler i decided to use two isolated dc/dc converter from TracoPower which are small and efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back