Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DESIGN OF DIGTAL POWER METER USING PIC16F877/877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

marabdul

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO
I'M TRYING TO DESING A DIGITAL POWER METER THAT WILL RECIEVE VOLTAGE AND CURRENT AS INPUT. I WANT IT TO CALCULATE DISPLACEMENT BETWEEN THEM THEREBY CALCULATING THE POWER FACTOR THEN MULTIPLY THE CURRENT, VOLTAGE AND POWER FACTOR TO GET THE REAL POWER DISPLAYED ON 4-DIGITS 7-SEGMENTS. I WANT WITH C TO WRITE THE CODE BUT I`M NEW IN WRITNG CODE BUT I CAN WRITE SIMPLE C AND ASM PROGRAMS. BUT THE ISSUE IS THIS IS MY FINAL YEAR PROJECT WHICH 'M EXPECTED TO FINISH IN THE NEXT 3 WEEKS BUT MY PROBLEM S THE CODE. I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE ANY BODY'S HELP.

THANXS IN ADVANCE

i am not shouting but trying to present my problem.

See this, as how this PIC16F877A is killing me, I hope you don't get this.

hi marabdul,
did u get ur code?? i have the same project to do... but i also not getting any help from anyone.. please can u help me??

Hi
I have a similar project. But the most important problem is the harmonic effect. Calculating the power through ( P=V.I.cos(t) ) is only acceptable for sinusoidal waveforms. When the voltage or current include harmonic, the above equation is incorrect. How can i take the harmonic effect into account?

chkout stpm01 chip from ST , dl it

hi friends, i am also doing same projects,u want to use one power monitoring ic,i used SA9903b single phase power monitoring ic, u give the current and voltage values using ct and pt ,the ic contains adc and some pheripherals,that gives reactive power ,active power and rms voltage,u will get the value thro spi communication

Status
Not open for further replies.