Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of Differential Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnsakanjankumar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I had designed a MOS differential amplifier using an active load(Current Mirror) but the gain achieved is very less its around 40 only. I need a gain of 10^4
can anyone tell me how to get that gain?
:sad:

Upload your design diagram.

I had designed a MOS differential amplifier using an active load(Current Mirror) but the gain achieved is very less its around 40 only. I need a gain of 10^4
can anyone tell me how to get that gain?
Did you pick some gain values from a MOS design text book before? It's not feasible with a single stage amplifier.

Reactions: LvW

LvW

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
No i am just wondering whether i can design single stage amplifier of gain 10^4 or not
Thanks for your reply
Can u tell me how to design differential amplifier with this 10^4 gain

You'll need at least at telescopic cascode structure. Depending on transistor parameters, the gain will be rather 2000 - 4000 than 10^4. Besides triple cascode, there are alternative gain-boosting techniques. Refer to standard text books, e.g. Razavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.