Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of an antenna for testing a tranceiver chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkumar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I have to design a antenna for testing a transceiver chip based on ZigBee protocol.
what could be the best possible type and design. I was looking for RMSA type antenna but may be i need some thing which i can put on a PCB and thus use it as for testing the chip.

Please can some help me with this.Its a part of my final year project.
Thanks in advance.

Looking for reply....

Hi,

Since zigbee operates at 2.4GHz, a 2.4GHz whip antenna can be used as long as size is not a matter of concern.

With regards
S.Rajesh Kumar

So this antenna is for a final project.

Your question is so general that an individual would be hard pressed to give you a helpful answer.

One suggestion is to think of ways to ask your question so you get meaningful responses. One suggestion might be to ask this way: I need an antenna, operating at 2.4 GHz with 5 dBi of gain. I need coverage in the forward hemiisphere. The antenna should be smaller than a tennis ball and inexpensive to manufacture. It will be used indoors. Can anyone give me suggestions and explain the advantages and disadvantages of the recommended type.

The point is to give the question some heart so someone has a reference to start from. The responses will be more meaningful. BTW there is no best antenna, particularly when the requirements are not discussed.

Take another shot at your question and see what happens. The responses will be in proportion with the effort and time you put into the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back