Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of a simple power meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

beauty world

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi my friends.I want to know how can design a simple power meter. can you help me?
what should I do and how do I calculate the value that I need?

Give us some more data such as :- power range, frequency range , accuracy, true RMS?

Frank

There are some good designs of RF power meters by radio amateurs. Check DUBUS magazine, for instance.
Some good professional designs like Krytar company utilizes a calibrated diode detector for very wide band power meter design. Some power detectors cover 10 MHz to 40 GHz, and compared to HP thermistor power meters offer an equal accuracy at much lower cost.
Also R/S company offers calibrated detectors as RF power meters.

Hi my friends.I want to know how can design a simple power meter. can you help me?
what should I do and how do I calculate the value that I need?

We can help, but you would have first to answer the questions asked by other members.
In addition to those questions, if you are planning to build a AC mains power meter, the question would be if you require to be isolated or not? I would advise to be fully isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.