Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of a low pass 6th order butterworth filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjl23

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI
I am trying to design a low pass maximally flat RF filter the design requirments are set so that the filter is to be designed to be matched to a 50 ohm line i have calculated all of the components and matched the components to the line, in the design specification it is asking me to obtain a value for the reflection coeficient of less than 0.3, however with my components i am obtaining a reflection of around 0.7, was wondering if there are any adjustments i could make to the circuit in order to change the reflection coefficient? i am susre that providing it is lower than 1 and above -1 the filter is still stable, not sure what i need to do realy?
Thankyou for your reply's

It's not clear, what kind of filter implementation you're talking about. A passive (lossless) filter will always show r11 = 0 at low frequencies and |r11| in stop band.

Status
Not open for further replies.