Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of a DC-DC circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayakrishnan r

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can u please help me in designing a DC-DC converter circuit based on IC UC3524 with other components such as mosfet, dc motor, lamps, load resistor,resistors,capacitors, potentiometers , diodes.
output should be pulse width modulated
duty cycle cycle should be manually variable from 0 to 100%
chopper frequenct 2khz

Sorry, I do not understand exactly what you want to build. Is it a DC/DC or a motor control circuit? Why is the switching frequency so low?

Well , I recommend to check the quality of the diode

Switch mode power supplies are mostly built using a switching frequency of 20 khz or 100 khz. There may be design softwares which are commonly offered by manufacuturers nowadays to easily integrate their products in various designs. Loook around and u will surely find onel.

Added after 43 seconds:

Switch mode power supplies are mostly built using a switching frequency of 20 khz or 100 khz. There may be design softwares which are commonly offered by manufacuturers nowadays to easily integrate their products in various designs. Loook around and u will surely find one.

if you are looking for motor drive circuits there is a great book about it by Ned Mohan from universytiy of minnesota.

For dc to dc power supplies check out power.ti.com. They have an application that allows to input all your specs and then gives you recomendations on chips that suit your needs.
National Semiconductor has the same thing called webench. Works really good but works only for lower input voltages at this time.

Great books for smps are Pratical Switching Power Supplies
Power Supply Cookbook by marty brown.
Search the area for switching books as there are a lot of them on the forums already
GOOD LUCK!
ill help any way i can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back