Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of a compact meander monopole antenna for dual-band

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussg

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
monopole antenna

Hi All,
Today just get my final year project title :
Design of a compact meander monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications
2.400GHz - 2.483GHz and 5.15 - 5.35 GHz)
substrate FR4 with Er=4.4 and thickness ≈ 1.6mm

I really thanks to all who can give me some advise how to start it and if any useful material or samples i can refered to ?

BTW does anyone done this kind of antenna before? can share some useful informations?

Thanks a million!
If million not enough, i will thanks to you a billion!

meander design

**broken link removed**

meander monopole antenna

vfone said:
http://ma.icu.ac.kr/conference/50.pdf
Thanks a lot ! But that one is Folded Meander-line Dipole type.
My prof ask me to do a meander monopole antenna, anyone can advise what are the differences?

meander antenna

A monopole is a half-dipole antenna.

meander monopole

Strictly speaking a monopole isn't a complete antenna, cause it's properties depend on the connected ground or "counterweight". An ideal monople as known from antenna literature uses an infinite ground plane, unfortunately you don't have it in a portable application. A portable "monopole" must be analyzed as an asymmetric dipole to derive meaningful parameters for frequency characteristic, radiation diagram and antenna impedance. In measurements, you have to take special precautions to reduce the cable effect, otherwise you get useless results.

meander antenna theory

FvM said:
Strictly speaking a monopole isn't a complete antenna, cause it's properties depend on the connected ground or "counterweight". An ideal monople as known from antenna literature uses an infinite ground plane, unfortunately you don't have it in a portable application. A portable "monopole" must be analyzed as an asymmetric dipole to derive meaningful parameters for frequency characteristic, radiation diagram and antenna impedance. In measurements, you have to take special precautions to reduce the cable effect, otherwise you get useless results.

Thanks a lot, dude

Mind to check with you guys, normally when we want to design a antenna, what is the first step we need to do, i mean the procedure of designing the antenna.
using simulation software to simulate and cut the FR-4 substrate or what?
Thanks a lot!

meander antenna design

hii guys,
i have designed a meander line antenna but i dont know how they calculated the width ,length and no of turns......
i want to know whether there are any standard design equations for calculating the width ,length and no of turns...
check out the papers which i uploaded

monopole antenna impedance

nussg said:
Mind to check with you guys, normally when we want to design a antenna, what is the first step we need to do, i mean the procedure of designing the antenna.
using simulation software to simulate and cut the FR-4 substrate or what?
Thanks a lot!

search the web to find some useful papers related to your design. U can learn a lot from them. Do the simulation with the help of EM software like HFSS and CST. change the critical parameters to see there effects. Try to do some modifications with the directions of antenna theory, you will get a proper prototype fits your require.

designing monopole antenna

I can't open this address
**broken link removed**
Does anyone kindly upload it?
thanks very much

design a monopole antenna

bless_fooling said:
I can't open this address
**broken link removed**
Does anyone kindly upload it?
thanks very much
Yes..the link is dead.