Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of 2.4 GHZ meander line

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikash_i

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii guys,
i have designed a meander line antenna but i dont know how they calculated the width ,length and no of turns......
i want to know whether there are any standard design equations for calculating the width ,length and no of turns...
check out the papers which i uploaded

Attachments

• the_effect_of_conductor_line_to_meander_line_antenna_design_9321.pdf
    207.6 KB · Views: 84

hey
i also have no idea but i need the papers you uploaded.
thank you very much

Go for a simulator like CST of HFSS. The length of the line is equal to a wavelength so given the substrate and line mode you can estimate this distance. Then you meander the line to decrease the surface of the resonator, alhtough this will reduce antenna efficiency a bit.

i am trying to simulate it in the ie3d software. in the paper "the effect of conductor line paper ", i want to know the calculation for dimensions and i want to is there any ground plane used if yes then what is dimensions of the ground plane..

You have to 'tune' the dimension in your simulator. All we have known is the half wave operation in one main dimension.

hii guys
tanx for replying..i have chosen a rectangular gnd plane... and i optimised it using ie3d ... but i am not getting the exact results as given in the paper for the design 1 and design 2(with and without conductor line)...
can any one suggest me wat to do for this gnd plane and tell me is it necessary to put a negative port to the gnd plane to act as a diffrential port...
i am sending the snap of the structure which i have done in ie3d...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back