Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design in corners(PVT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raziyeh94

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I have a delay circuit like a inverter.I designed in TT corner.All result was good.when I simulated in SS corner(temperature:120,voltage:-10%nominal voltage,process: slow) my result became bad .in fact my
circuit didnt work in this corner. How do I do?
should I design a circuit that work in all corners?or I should find worst corner of my circuit? please help me.
thanks

should I design a circuit that work in all corners?
... or I should find worst corner of my circuit?

If you want to have it produced, it should of course work in all corners (min/max voltage & temperature limits given by the application).
For good production yield, you should try & find worst working conditions via Monte Carlo analysis.

If you want to have it produced, it should of course work in all corners (min/max voltage & temperature limits given by the application).
For good production yield, you should try & find worst working conditions via Monte Carlo analysis.

For yield of small delay circuits in older technologies, local variation Monte Carlo may not be necessary; just run all PVT corners and pick the worst, then tune the circuit for that one.

This procedure works best if you have only one spec, one worst-case corner, and it doesn't change during tuning. Some circuits and specs however are more difficult to tune. For duty cycle lower+upper bound (e.g. 49% .. 51%), you need to keep two corners in mind. If you have multiple specs with trade-offs (duty cycle, speed, power, area, ...) then you end up with a multi-objective optimization problem. A good circuit optimization program can solve that quicker and better than a designer by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.