Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design differental impedance match circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphise

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anybody can tell me how to design differental impedance match circuits?
Thanks in advance! :roll:

Hi,
I suppose you require to match the differential I/Os of the IC.
Take the Total Impedance (1K differential on each arm => 2K total) and match as you would for single ended. Split this into differential by halving the series impedance and doubling the shunt impedance. This proced ure works well for filters and I hope it works for matching as well.

impedance matching

There is a very good tutorialon the data sheet of the IC AD8306 from ANALOG DEVICES. Look there.

Mandi

Re: impedance matching

FANT said:
There is a very good tutorialon the data sheet of the IC AD8306 from ANALOG DEVICES. Look there.

Mandi

Can you located the files from Analog Device ? I haven't find it. I also long search a professional and success method to match impedance at about 2GHz.

Best rgs

Rayengine:I downloaded the file from Analog Devices,the datasheet of AD8306.
Many thanks to all

memphise

Also check out P/h/i/l/i/p/s app note A/N/1/7/7/7. It has a good discussion on differential mixer matching. I use this all the time. I measure the differential impedance, put the S-parameters in @DS, do the match, solder the parts and then tweak the values.

Have a look at www.pcbstandards.com site articles.
Also www.pcdmag.com had an article in March99 issue title, "Terminating Differential Signals on PCBs" written by Steve Kaufer & Kellee Crisafulli.
I cannot find the PDF version of the article but I have hardcopy version.

Here is the article I mentioned

Could someone tell me the difference between Single-End & Differential?

arcaphill said:
Could someone tell me the difference between Single-End & Differential?

Single ended is when there is just one conductor and ground. Differential is where there are two conductors and ground. The differential signal voltage is the difference in voltage between the two conductors. The common mode signal voltage (which is desirably zero) is the average voltage of the two wires compared to ground.

u can get it in the following file

Any practical references for so-called adaptive impedence matching?

"Differential Impedance" from UltraCAD is a good article for you.

Here is an Article about S-Parameter!

Status
Not open for further replies.