Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Data Audio Tx / Rx application

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryboy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All
I am currently working on a project. The project is to design a system that could perform two way data communication in 869MHz band and at the same time system should also be able to perform one way voice communication. I am using RC1280HP module from Radiocrafts to develop this application. Data sheet is:
**broken link removed**
This module supports 4.8kbps data rate. I have no problem in setting up the unit for two way data communication using an external microcontroller such as PIC, but have some concern about one way voice communication. What I want to know if we have two of these modules, one at base station and other one in a hand held equipment in field. Now, if guy from base station wants to send a voice message to guy in field about 30 seconds long, would it be possible to achieve this task using this datarate (4.8kbps) hence using this radiocrafts module?
I want to use audio input to ADC at Tx side, then transmit it using RC1280HP. At receving end, I want to use a suitable DAC to output the sent voice onto a speaker. Also, can all this be achieved using PIC microcontroller? OR would I need some DSP processor for this task.
Please advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back