Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Compiler warning OPT-1206

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayTudu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
opt-1206

Hi designerAll,

Can any one suggest me how to avoid the warning OPT-1206 in design compiler.
The OPT-1206 defination is: " The register Ro is constant and will be removed ".
This warns that some of the flipflop from my design are getting removed as a result
of optimization, but I donot want any of the filpflop to be removed from my design.
Is ther any command which can serve this purpose ?

Thanks n Regards,
JAY...

the register is a constant design compiler

To preserve Flip flop from being removed by DC, apply the below command :

set hdlin_preserve_sequential true

various warnings design compiler

I have another question, how to avoid sequential merging in DC. Is DC doing sequential merge across hieriarchy?

Thanks
Aravind

design compiler warnings

Thanks dcreddy... I will try this command
----------------------------------

Hi Aravind can you just explain what is sequential merging, I may try to search for an answer for you.

design compiler boundary optimization

i dont think so,, any tool will merge the hierarchies and do the optimizations across the hierarchies,, untill u ask to do so,,, so sequential merge across hieriarchy may not occur

design compiler

The switch -boundary_optimization (compile -boundary_optimization) will result in optimization across hierarchies. Make sure u don't include it in case u want to prevent it.

design compiler -edges

after boundary optimization use set register merging as false for that particular register inorder not to remove or merge that particular register for particular reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back