Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Compiler to target FPGAs or DC FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed271828

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I understand it is possible for Design Compiler to target FPGA devices, just as it would a standard cell library.

Could someone please elaborate on the differences between this and Synopsys' DC FPGA compiler, which I assume produces more optimal results for FPGAs?

I am wondering if I wanted to develop an ASIC and FPGA implementation at the same time, using the same tool, what would be the best method to go. Are DC and DC FPGA similar enough to take in (practically) the same source code, or would it be better to stick with DC.

Thanks!

DC FPGA is more optimal for FPGA.

Is Synopsys 'simplify pro' a better tool for FPGA synthesis than FPGA DC? If yes please let me know the reason.

What does the library contain when DC FPGA is used for FPGA synthesis ? Does it contain Xilinx Spartan3A, Vertex 5 and also technologies for other FPGA vendors like Altera, latttice semiconductor etc.
Is only one board of one vendor can be targeted at onme time?

Can any industry standard design be synthesized for industry standard FPGA synthesis with Synopsys DC FPGA?

What do you use to set the library path for FPGA synthesis? Is it that we need to write only Vertex 5 if we are targeting it to Vertex 5? Do we need to mention the cell names of all Vertex 5 cells if the earlier statement is not true?

I think for FPGA synthesis only DC FPGA is capable of doing that. DC along is not for FPGA synthesis but for ASIC synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back