Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design CCII HSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat_123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,

I want to simulate CCII circuit and find out its parameters like current gain, voltage gain, the impedance at X, Y and Z ports, bandwidth.
I am facing difficulty in doing analysis and connecting inputs and how to find impedance and all.
Can anyone please suggest to me about its analysis? If not, then any source from where I can resolve my issue.

regards

Does CC mean current conveyor?

Falstad's simulator has circuits in its menu, named CCII+ and CCII-.
X, Y, Z are labelled in the box.
Another CCII is built from several mosfets.

Falstad's is the only place I've seen reference to a current conveyor. Free to download and use:

falstad.com/circuit

fat_123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes, its current conveyor.

I have seen falstad simulator
but if I want to find out impedance at different ports then what type of input and analysis should be done?
how to do this in HSPICE

also how much load resistance or capacitance should be connected?

hi everyone,

I want to simulate CCII circuit and find out its parameters like current gain, voltage gain, the impedance at X, Y and Z ports, bandwidth.
I am facing difficulty in doing analysis and connecting inputs and how to find impedance and all.
Can anyone please suggest to me about its analysis? If not, then any source from where I can resolve my issue.
regards
What kind of "difficulty"?
Very often I have analyzed CC-circuits with PSpice - in particular Analog Devices AD844....
What really is your problem?

if i want to find current gain, then what input should i apply at X,Y and Z PORT
and for impedance RX, RY and RZ, how to find the impedance plot and how to connect input ?
please guide me

You have nothing to do than to apply the DEFINITION for the various quantities.
The current gain is defined as the ratio output-current-to-input-current.
Example: Why not applying a current at the (low-resistive) current input node and measure/simulate the output current?

but for flow of current, resistor and voltage should be applied.?
can I do like this:
RX X T 100ohm
V1 T 0 ac 1
RZ Z 0 1K
or simply apply current : Ix X 0 AC 1 at X terminal
--- Updated ---

and putting VY Y 0 DC 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.