Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design aspects of Latch based Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mail4idle2

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I always had question where Latch Based Designs are used ?
Please refer some material explaning the design aspects of Latch Based Design

Thanks

I wonder if you are asking where a latch would be used?

Example: It is needed in a frequency counter, to hold a number on the display, while a count is taking place invisibly elsewhere.

A latch is often needed in other meters which have a digital display too.

I don't suppose that is what you are asking about.

At the bottom of this page is a list of threads with similar titles. If you click on one or two, it should lead you to more threads that discuss latch based design.

I am looking for in which scenarios how we decide we need to use Latch Based design and not FlipFlop based Designs

I wonder if you are asking where a latch would be used?

Example: It is needed in a frequency counter, to hold a number on the display, while a count is taking place invisibly elsewhere.

A latch is often needed in other meters which have a digital display too.

I don't suppose that is what you are asking about.

At the bottom of this page is a list of threads with similar titles. If you click on one or two, it should lead you to more threads that discuss latch based design.

What would be the differences in Latch based and FF based designs in terms of timing, area and synthesis?

Thanks
cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back