Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design a rectangular patch antenna at 2.4GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanzg

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Patch Antenna

Hi All,

I wanted to design a rectangular patch antenna at 2.4GHz circular polarized using ADS momentum. I am new to this topic and hope to get some help.

1) Firstly, i try to find the L and W using the equation found in the textbk by Balanis. How can i determine the feed location if i want to use a probe fed. Can i find this L, W and feed location using the software

2)Is it that truncating diagonal sides of the rectangular patch antenna will allow me to get the circular polarised? How can i know know how much to truncated?

3)What else should i do to design the patch antenna before i can stimulate it?

Thank you in advance for any help. will appreciate if anyone could send me any infomation or tutorial on ADS and Patch Antenna design.

Re: Patch Antenna

chanzg said:
Hi All,

I wanted to design a rectangular patch antenna at 2.4GHz circular polarized using ADS momentum. I am new to this topic and hope to get some help.

1) Firstly, i try to find the L and W using the equation found in the textbk by Balanis. How can i determine the feed location if i want to use a probe fed. Can i find this L, W and feed location using the software

2)Is it that truncating diagonal sides of the rectangular patch antenna will allow me to get the circular polarised? How can i know know how much to truncated?

3)What else should i do to design the patch antenna before i can stimulate it?

Thank you in advance for any help. will appreciate if anyone could send me any infomation or tutorial on ADS and Patch Antenna design.
ref this www.rfic.co.uk

Reactions: valdrin

chanzg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

valdrin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thank you sundarmeenakshi, this website is of great help. I have read through the part on patch antenna.

I have some questions,,

1)In the example given, the probe position is calculated to be 21 mm. Where is this 21 mm? Is from the ground to the patch? and where should it be located on the patch?

2) How can i truncated the rectangular patch so that it is circular polarised?

Thank you.

chanzg said:
Thank you sundarmeenakshi, this website is of great help. I have read through the part on patch antenna.

I have some questions,,

1)In the example given, the probe position is calculated to be 21 mm. Where is this 21 mm? Is from the ground to the patch? and where should it be located on the patch?

2) How can i truncated the rectangular patch so that it is circular polarised?

Thank you.
thats not from the ground. that is from one corner of patch

Hi,

Then how to measure the 21 mm? Is 21 left, right up or down? Or we have to trial and error?

chanzg said:
Hi,

Then how to measure the 21 mm? Is 21 left, right up or down? Or we have to trial and error?
down

Hi,

Sorry. I am still a bit unsure about the probe position. Refer to diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back