Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design a pcb without a schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ama_trig

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Design a pcb without a schematic in Altium

Well I'm new to Altium, and looking for a way to design a pcb without a schematic to pcb capture, in simple case's I prefer directly working on a footprint, it seems interactive design works only when net list exists.

Should I turn off some feature that blocks connecting outside of netlist? if so where should I be looking for? and also will it be possible to report overlap violations in such a case?, or is it possible to create a net list fast directly from clicking on pads RATHER modifying properties and even worse, to create a new class, should use add net list from net list manager?
or if is there a way that I may force connect the pins? from what I understand, it must be a way, becuase there is a way to create a net list from connected coppers, option exists in net list manager

Last edited:

Hi,

Make component connection using line (place/line).

Design/net list/configure physical nets

After this, software will assign net names to each connected copper.

If you want to change the net names,you can change it in design/net list/edit nets.

wow, that was so easy
'configure physical nets'
Thank you so much, right now I've disabled obstacle avoidance, and use interactive router as a simple router.

just wondering if it may be possible to create a new net list, then assign all pins to that by just clicking on pins or shift+selecting and adding them as one net class? or is it only applicable through net list manager.

so this way I can route with obstacle avoidance so there will be no mistakes.

no need to make a design to make a pcb layout
go to layout and open a new file .. it will ask a tech. template to load .. opn default.tch. then it will ask the netlist .mnl file to opn . at that point say -- no. and then a new file will be open in layout. so start with adding the componants ( footprints) and then connect then one by one with connection tool.. and go on.. and go on.. -- you are done..
say thank you if you got an amaizng method to make the pcb layout directly

RONYGENE : How can you be so sure without the netlist that what you are doing is correct. Some times you have 10 pages of schematics on pdf with netlist and you do not want to make schematics and directly want to go to pcb layout, what would you do on this cases ?? I use Edwin , which can load the supplied netlist and then i just start the pcb without the schematics. Can you please explain if altiucm can load the netlist and then without the schematics you can do the pcb layout ( ofcourse with the ratnests _

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back