Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Deriving Phase response from Group Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightmaresc

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Assume I have a constant group delay of 1 second for all frequencies then I can determine the phase response to be: phase(f)=C - 2*pi* \[\int\]tau df where tau is the delay of 1 second. How do I determine the constant C which is the phase response at zero frequency?

Your assumption is invalid at DC as there is no phase. There are limits for your given formula.

Realistically, C is negligble as f approaches DC and represents a unknown phase at any known frequency and group delay.

Thank you for the insight.

Is there any other way to determine phase response given group delay?

Another question I have is that for a filter that gives non linear phase response phase delay and group delay are generally different while for linear phase response group delay and phase delay are equal to each other. Which one is used to derive non linear phase response? Group delay or Phase delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back