Status
Not open for further replies.

abce1231

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am transmitting 2 different frequencies for binary 1 and 0 (or a frequency for 1 and no frequency for 0). Is there anything i can do to convert these frequencies into digital form without using a demodulator chip,using comparator circuit or something like that. (i have heard the use of comparator for this purpose)

If you want to do it in analog you will have to use a PLL or some frequency selective circuit whose output varies with frequency. If you want to do it in logic you can do some form of frequency counter.

The simplest solution would be a PLL.

If you are using a frequency for 1 and no freq for zero, then you can use a simple High Pass Filter, the curoff of frequency for which can be adjusted as per your frequency for transmitting 1. Use 1 if the filter output is non-zeor otherwise zero. In this way you can convert to digital with a simple HPF.

With reference to the above soln.wouldnt the out of the filter be analog?Is a comparator used?

Status
Not open for further replies.