Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delta-Sigma modulator design using Simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakashbb

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am just trying to see NTF of the first order delta-sigma modulator given the first chapter of the text "Understanding Delta-Sigma Data Converters - Richard Schreier". Please help me in performing the same. I have downloaded Delta-Sigma toolbox. I am trying to simulate only Simulink model (attached with this message). How to obtain the NTF for this Simulink model? Please help me in this simulation.

Thanks

Attachments

• FO_DSM.rar
    6.3 KB · Views: 119

Hi prakashbb,

Your output on your scope is time based. To see the noise shaping effect you need to do a FFT on your output so you get a frequency response. I would suggest you store your output to your workspace with a sampling time Ts. Also there should be at least 2^16 samples, for your FFT to do a decent job.

BR Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the response. I am new to DSMs as well as Simulink MatLab. As I am referring to the textbook "Understanding Delta-Sigma Data Converters - Richard Schreier", I thought to get NTF for the Fig. 1.14(b) using Simulink of Chapter 1. Is it possible to explain in detail (step by step) to get NTF? Or any link to get the same? It will be very kind of you.

Thanks and Regards

Hi prakashbb,

Something to get you started :D

BR Jerry

Attachments

• FO_DSM_v1.rar
    15.4 KB · Views: 135

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the files. I will start with this now. It's a great help for me. Thanks a lot. If any problem, will contact you.

Thanks & Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.