Not open for further replies.

currentmirror2000

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hell all,

what's the difference between "Delta Sigma" & "Delta Sigma Modulator"? just now i searched TI and Analog Devices websites and found out they have two ADC types named "Delta Sigma" & "Delta Sigma Modulator". what's the difference?

Thanks!

"Delta Sigma" & "Delta Sigma Modulator&am

In fact, no difference.

"Delta Sigma" & "Delta Sigma Modulator&am

Re: "Delta Sigma" & "Delta Sigma Modulato

sunking said:

i'm asking the difference between "Delta Sigma" and "Delta Sigma Modulation" in TI and Analog Devices' data sheets, not "Delta Modulation" and "Delta Sigma Modulation"

"Delta Sigma Modulator" means the modulator is made by using delta-sigma modulation , Delta modulator is another modulation method called delta modulation .
These are toe different modulation scheme .

xwcwc1234 said:
"Delta Sigma Modulator" means the modulator is made by using delta-sigma modulation , Delta modulator is another modulation method called delta modulation .
These are toe different modulation scheme .

why so many people misunderstood...

my question IS "Delta Sigma" & "Delta Sigma Modulator"

NOT "Delta Sigma Modulator" & "Delta Modulator"

plz see attached file

Delta sigma is the topology and Delta Sigma Modulator is the circuit, i guess :?:

The meaning of "Delta Sigma" and "Delta Sigma modulator" in Ti or ADI's data sheet are :
Delta Sigma : means the architecture of ADC, including digital ffilter circuitt.
Delta Sigma modulator : means the modulator itself only , not icluding the digital filter circuit.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…