Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delta sigma ADC transient simulation in Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowong1

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am running into a problem when I was trying to simulate my DSADC in spectre. The entire system is using ideal components (no transistors, but there are VCVS, R, C) and Verilog models. When I was doing transient sim using "Liberal" setting, for about 60us, it was running fine and giving correct output (noise shaping and all that) but then at about 60us, all of a suddent, there is a "Zero diagonal found in Jacobian at XXXX net and YYYY net". and then the output starts to just oscillate and I cannot figure out why.

One more thing is that my ADC will work ONLY IF I do the transient in "Liberal" setting, if I try to do it in "moderate" or "conservative", then it wont work at all (The output just stays at a constant voltage).

I was wondering if anyone out there can help me with this.......

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.