Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell M1330 Model: PP25L - motherboard schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhernacki

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dell pp25l motherboard

Hello I searching for Dell M1330 Model:pP25L schematic of motherboard because my mobo is dead and I want to repair it.

If someone know what are parameters of R010 please inform me because I want to buy it and change it.

Another thing what I searching for are fuses on this boards how can I search for it's on this mobo.

pp25l motherboard

I am looking for the same. Not sure where to begin. I have a M1330 as well with no power. I have some electronics experience so I am not afraid to work on the board. I just do not know where to begin.

pp25l

One issue in M1330 is the NVIDIA GPU overheats and stops giving display. This needs reflow or preferably rework by someone experienced in Large IC BGA rework.

Re: dell pp25l motherboard

jhernacki said:
Hello I searching for Dell M1330 Model:pP25L schematic of motherboard because my mobo is dead and I want to repair it.

If someone know what are parameters of R010 please inform me because I want to buy it and change it.

Another thing what I searching for are fuses on this boards how can I search for it's on this mobo.

Hi this is what i have and hope it helps..:D

excellent work, motherboard schematic

Reactions: psychydyl

psychydyl

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Trion said:
One issue in M1330 is the NVIDIA GPU overheats and stops giving display. This needs reflow or preferably rework by someone experienced in Large IC BGA rework.

U're great bro!
I had a display problem XPS notebook, but after rehot the NVIDIA chip with flux it's working!

one more thx man!

Hi i Have a m1330 that will not power on, I am sure the problem is with the on board power supply or the chip that detects the wattage. When plugged in or battery, the laptop will not power. The power light on the AC adapter turns off when it is plugged in. If you could give me any insight what the problem is i would appreciate it.

It appears as though there are 2 types of motherboards that go in the M1330. I have 2 I'm trying to repair at the moment and the mosfets that are soldered on this board are not listed in the schematic. I believe the schematic provided is for one that I have that does not have the Nvidia 8400 GPU on it. Anyone know more about this schematic??

I looked through both of those schematics and they appear to be the same thing on both. I'm attaching 2 pictures. I've just realized that 1 processor is also different in the M1330.

Dell M1330 #1 - Intel t7300 2ghz with Nvidia GPU
This one powers up and immediately powers down.

Dell M1330 #2 - Intel T5250 1.5Ghz no nvidia GPU, turns power adapters off when they are plugged in.

what was the item, and where did you get it, that was removed and replaced from the motherboard schematic diagram that has fixed the issue of no power and adapter lights shut off. I would like to know so i can also fix my xps 1330 with the same problem

Reactions: KIMONITO and smigs

smigs

KIMONITO

V

gee-q said:
what was the item, and where did you get it, that was removed and replaced from the motherboard schematic diagram that has fixed the issue of no power and adapter lights shut off. I would like to know so i can also fix my xps 1330 with the same problem

I've still not narrowed down the component myself. Anyone else narrowed it down??

Reactions: smigs

smigs

I looked through both of those schematics and they appear to be the same thing on both. I'm attaching 2 pictures. I've just realized that 1 processor is also different in the M1330.

Dell M1330 #1 - Intel t7300 2ghz with Nvidia GPU
This one powers up and immediately powers down.

Dell M1330 #2 - Intel T5250 1.5Ghz no nvidia GPU, turns power adapters off when they are plugged in.

The M1330 has two chipsets one with the nvidia chipset and one with the intel chipset. The one with only 2 large square chips is the intel chipset.
I know this since i bought a dead M1330 with intel chipset and someone had made a bodge job of replacing the power socket! Resoldered inductor and cracked pcb and booted up :) However no charging of battery :( Finally managed to get battery charging once the manual was downloaded and the psid point was soldered using a link to the solder pad :) Now i have two good working M1330s both with the reliable intel chipset :)
I would like to thank the peolpe uploading the schematics as has resulted in a now fully functional laptop :)

Be lucky :)

Just had the same problem with my M1330 - short on motherboard causing the supply to turn off. After pulling it apart and checking with a lab supply and our thermal imaging camera from work I traced the problem to *****ed and shorted Ceramic cap C10. It's located near the connector for the battery charger board. Replaced it with another 10uF cap and it's all up and running again... :)

Just had the same problem with my M1330 - short on motherboard causing the supply to turn off. After pulling it apart and checking with a lab supply and our thermal imaging camera from work I traced the problem to *****ed and shorted Ceramic cap C10. It's located near the connector for the battery charger board. Replaced it with another 10uF cap and it's all up and running again... :)

once again same symptoms.In my case c535 (one of the battery of capacitors for procesor supply) .Once is replaced with 10uf 25v cap,the laptop is perfect working.
I have read some others with cap c541 sortcircuited.It seems not to be always same cap.Good luck.

Last edited:
I have an issue related to this topic, i got a Dell XPS M1330 which turns on and then powers off, battery is charged, power supply is good and besides i have tested with an universal power supply 19.5 v and the same problem, i´ve read that the power rail which is attached to the motherboard shorthcircuited or failed.
so i was reading about yur experiences and i want to repair it but i have no experience on circuits so can you please teach me how to detect the faulty chip or diode i have to change??

i dont have thermal vision so how can i detect the problem??

thanks in advance!! :-?

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

i read about a r010 faulty chip but i´d like to know how to detect the problem, i will appreciate any help!!

thanks!!

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

i guess i have the intel chipset!, i was thinking that i had an overheting issue about powering up my m1330 but now i understand that is more complicated than it appears!

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

tese are my pics of my XPS 1330

Please send feedback

thx!!

Hello! I also have this problem, and I'm trying to pin point the faulty cap, any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks a lot

i don´t have any idea how DR3MA, but if you can see my second pic you can notice that probably a faulty R010 chip can be the starting problem about stopping the power rail from passing through voltage, that is why is looping!

Greetz!

V

How you know the R010 is faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back