Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell Latitude problem->No hard drive found

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantoun2004

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have a Dell Latitude PIII Laptop , and 2 days ago when I switched it on it gave me a message : No Hard Drive is found press F1 to try again F2 to enter setup , neither keys worked. So I have very important data on it.
Can u plz help me about how can I get my data out of it ?
Thanks very much,

did u drop it ?
by the way u can open the harddisk rack and get the harddisk ouside of ur dell ....try to plug it again if it didnt worked....try it on different laptop....

also goto dell support website and ask them waht to do...dnt forget to post ur model no. ...

I have had this same problem over the years on my inspiron. You have to take out the drive module and put it back in. If this does not work, remove the drive from the module and remove the adapter plug and put it back on.

I have two drive modules that have been ghosted from the main one sitting in reserve for the frequent problems I get such as the drive being totally fouled up and needing reformatting.

I do weekly backups to an external drive with several partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back