Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Deformable model for fingerprint matching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooja sharma

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.....I need some help on fingerprint matching that im working on .
I've read through many papers / books and theses...
now what to do??how to implements in matlab???
plz give some steps which are help for me....

Biometric Fingerprint Recognition: Fingerprint Recognition using C-language MEX-Files
Fingerprints are rich in details which are in the form of discontinuities in ridges known as minutiae. The main purpose of this book is to implement and evaluate National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Biometric Image Software (NBIS) for fingerprint recognition using the system developed in Matlab environment. This is performed by using C- language MEX-files which enables to run original C- language code without reimplementing it as Matlab script. A function is developed with NBIS which helps to extract minutiae from grayscale fingerprint image and match two minutiae patterns to produce a match score. In this work 60 unique users with 8 fingerprints per user i.e., 480 fingerprints had been used for evaluating the system. Scores obtained from minutia matcher after comparing with genuine and imposter matching had been plotted using Receiver Operating Characteristic (ROC) graphs. Finally the performance of the system is evaluated by analyzing plotted ROC graphs. The results obtained by using this functionality can be used for comparing the results obtained with other techniques for measuring the system performance using ROC graphs.

http://www.advancedsourcecode.com/corrfiltavis.asp

thanks yura717.....
i have read all paper,theses related to this topic....now i'hv basic knowledge of this topic.....where to start my project and how to implement in matlab.....

Reactions: darel

darel

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back