Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] definition of audio 20 Hz to 20 kHz ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy peasy

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1601451343484.png

Some clown on this site thinks 400Hz is not audio ...

Hi,

please behave. Repeating swipes are no solution, they just increase aggression. That´s not what we want in the forum.

"audio" simple means "I hear"
"400Hz" is a frequency. You can hear 400Hz only if it is transformed in acoustic waves

Some examples:
* I have a milling machine. It´s spindle motor is driven by up to 400Hz three phase signals. It´s not common to call this "audio"
* I have a LED controller, which works with 400Hz PWM. It´s not common to call this "audio".

Klaus

Hi,
who moderates the moderators
The moderators are doing this job without pay in their spare time. Volunteers.
A single member should not be able to "fire" a moderator. Else I won´t be here anymore and I assume no other moderator, too.... (since we have 580.000 registered members and just 10 moderators.)
No moderator --> no usueful forum.

It´s quite normal that there will be tensions. We - moderators as well as members - shold keep discuisions as objective as possible, electronics related and free from emotions.
Believe me - this often is hard. And there are discussions between the moderators, too, because we all have different opinions.

I little mathematics:
If every member causes just 1 minute per year of discussion or standard moderation ... this means more than 580.000 minutes per year = about 1500 minutes per day.
or 26 hours per day. --> Not manageable besides a full time job.
Do you see our dilemma?

We need to be fast in our reactions. And some decisions may sound hard.
There are forum rules and there is netiquiette. ... and a lack of time.

We don´t want fights between members. Every "emotional discussion" maybe keeps 50 potential members from registering.
Please have a look at other forums where the moderators are not that strict and thus there seem to be 80% of personal attacks..

In the end I can only advise to calm down and ignore unwanted posts. You also may put members on your "ignore" list.
But you will not be able to ignore moderator actions. You may report moderator actions, then we all moderators get informed and will discuss.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.