Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

defining the port in grounded CPW in IE3D??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i have a basic doubt in defining the port in case of grounded CPW structure - in the IE3D manual it is mentioned that while defining port (advanced extension/extn. for MMIC) we should define port only to a part of the finite CPW ground for higher accuracy, but my question is that - wat should be the size of that part/segment where port is defined ( in say % ) with respect to finite CPW ground.

suppose, i have a grounded cpw structure on GaAs (350 micron thick) with signal line width = 50 micron , gap width = 70 micron and finite cpw ground width = 270 micron.wat should be the segment width for port on finite ground in this case??

eagerly waiting for replies.

with regards

abhi

Hi, Abhi:

Please define negative ports on the cpw ground with width about 50-70 um is good. The exact value is not very critical. You just need about the same size as the center conductor or slightly larger. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back