Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

define the verilog netlist model

Status
Not open for further replies.

siva_7517

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Below is the verilog coding and verilog netlist for simple flip flop

***************************************************************************************************************************
module ff (clk, rst, d, q);
input clk, rst, d;
output q;

reg q;

always @(posedge clk)
begin
if(rst)
q = 0;
else
q = d;
end

endmodule

***************************************************************************************************************************
// Generated by ac_shell v5.14-s078 on Mon Jan 23 12:00:55 MYT 2006.

// Restrictions concerning the use of Ambit BuildGates are covered in the
// license agreement. Distribution to third party EDA vendors is
// strictly prohibited.

module ff(clk, rst, d, q);

input clk;
input rst;
input d;
output q;

DFFTRX1 q_reg(.D(d), .CK(clk), .RN(n_3), .Q(q));
INVX1 i_8(.A(rst), .Y(n_3));
endmodule

*****************************************************************************************************************************[

above is the verilog netlist after optimize with artisan library. i am using .alf file.Eventually, when i import to icfb it has statement :

Verilog defination for module DFFTRX1 was not found. using lib 'silterra18' cell 'DFFTRX1' view 'symbol' as its symbol

Verilog defination for module INVX1 was not found. using lib 'silterra18' cell 'INVX1' view 'symbol' as its symbol

So, because this error i cannot use the verilog xl to do gate level simulation. How can i define the module?

How do i import the symbol

Can u give me some guidelines on how to import the symbol view.

If you only want to run gate level simulation by verilog-xl, it's not necessary to import netlist to icfb. You can run verilog-xl directly. For example,

verilog $verilog_netlist -v $verilog_library -y $verilog_library_path

$verilog_library can be found in which library installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back