Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Deembedding S parameters in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuantenna

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

When we suppose to use the option of deembedding the S parameters in CST?
Is there any simple example to explain that? or the imortance of deembedding?

Regards

In CST deembedding has several meanings. I think what you are refering to is the option in the solver menu? if so this takes into account the change in port impedance across the frequency range, after simulation there is a 1D result which plots this.

Hope this helps.

abuantenna

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

Actually, yes that what I meant. So, that's mean it gives more accuracy for the results. Isn't it ?

What other meanings? I like to do many things with CST and I think it is there, but I don't know how? Is there any site about details?

Regards

abuantenna said:
Hi,

Actually, yes that what I meant. So, that's mean it gives more accuracy for the results. Isn't it ?

Yes, it does but it can increase the solve time unecessarily

abuantenna said:
What other meanings? I like to do many things with CST and I think it is there, but I don't know how? Is there any site about details?

Regards

It can also mean deembedding the s-parameters in design studio although I don't have much experience with this. The best resource for CST are the help files, they are the most comprehensive help files of any software I've come accross (and the English is good for a German company)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back