Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decoding remote control with IR decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i want to make an IR decoder. i will use any availble remote control in the market and decode its signals
i will use AT89Cxx MCUs.
i know Assambly only.
i have searched somethings in those, digital oscilloscope cane be used to check the signal type. I don't have oscilloscope. Please tell me any site or how can i make the oscilloscope using my computer and external harware on LPT.

thanks in adv.

Re: IR reciever

First thing I would do if I were you, I would read the technical specs of the chip found in your remote. That would tell me the exact signal it uses.
So don't overcomplicate the problem by using oscilloscopes and suchlikes.

regards, yego

Try searching the board, there are examples of using the sound card to build a low-frequency scope. You need to see if the signals coming out of the receiver really are the way you expect them.
Another thing I have done in the past was to write a special microcontroller program to actually "measure" the duration of the pulses. But it was a tedious job, since I did not know what was not working right: my code or the receiver. Eventually, I had to ask a friend for a scope, corrected my code and from that point it all became easy.

u can proceed in another way

--one of the most common ir codes is rc-5
--study it
--use tsop17xx reciever

xx refers to center frequency of transmitter (carier).

may that help u

IR reciever

Is it possible to store the 1/0 signal's length, and play it back by virtue of the length?

IR reciever

Any idea for my motion?

IR reciever

rc-5
use this
i have a block and full secvhmetics for ir radio
do u want that
do tell me and alos how could i can share that with u as this is is my pc i dont know how to share
tc

Status
Not open for further replies.