Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decoding RC5 signal using p89v51rd2 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpramod

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends...i m using keil to write my c program to decode the rc5 signal.. and also how to connect IR detector to the microcontroller...wat r the libraries and functions should i use to write program...can anybody help me?....

Use TSOP1836 and connect it directly to any micro controller pin use a Pullup of 4.7k. I am not sure if there are any ready library available for it but you can study the waveform of RC5 protocol and implement it. Check this link for waveform Introduction to RC5 Protocol | 8051 Tutorial | Tutorial

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
getting digital output(0&1 )from a input signal given to the microcontroller 8051

hi friends..
plz help me..i want to write the c program to read the input signal (in 0's and 1's) given to the 8051 microcontroller..i planned to use the counter programming but it only counts pulses so how to check wheather 0 and 1's are passing the pin of mc...

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

thank you amol for ur valuable reply..ya i used the TSOP1836,its working well...thankq

Last edited:

Re: getting digital output(0&1 )from a input signal given to the microcontroller 8051

dont use timer as a counter. use the timer to generate the bit timing and sample the input in the timer interrupt routine.

Re: getting digital output(0&1 )from a input signal given to the microcontroller 8051

dont use timer as a counter. use the timer to generate the bit timing and sample the input in the timer interrupt routine.
thankq.. u said me to use timers,,but i dont know the timing of input signal...its unknown signal given to pin of mc...then how to get the passing 0&1's through that pin..so we can identify it trough the counters only na..?or any other way?..

thankq.. u said me to use timers,,but i dont know the timing of input signal...its unknown signal given to pin of mc...then how to get the passing 0&1's through that pin..so we can identify it trough the counters only na..?or any other way?..

As you mentioned you are going to decode RC5, if so RC5 protocol has timings.
Look here
RC-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
you will find everything you need.

As you mentioned you are going to decode RC5, if so RC5 protocol has timings.
Look here
RC-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
you will find everything you need.

sorry nandhu ....not only for RC5,i want to generate dig output(0's and 1's) from any unknown signal passing through the pin of mc...so how to do that?....
plz reply..

sorry nandhu ....not only for RC5,i want to generate dig output(0's and 1's) from any unknown signal passing through the pin of mc...so how to do that?....
plz reply..

If you need digital output of unknown signal, you will need time base. Without time base I don't think it is possible.

is the output of TSOP1836 in analog form??
plz anyone help.

is the output of TSOP1836 in analog form??
plz anyone help.

the output of tsop1836 is digital..

that means output is 1/0 for sensing is it, or PWM output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back