Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decode sine graph into binary N then convert 2 ASCII MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandar88

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to transfer a character (example the letter A) into binary, and using the sound card in my laptop, play the binary sound (of 1,s and 0,s) into the microphone of a second laptop. The second laptop will read the binary and display a sine graph accordingly.

I am stuck at the part where I have to decode the sine wave graph back into binary and then to ASCII code, so that the second laptop can display the character I pressed. (Example the letter A).

All of this has to be done using the MATLAB program.

So far for the Audio Input file, i have:

if (~isempty(daqfind))
stop(daqfind)
end
ai = analoginput('winsound');
addchannel(ai, 1);
ai.SampleRate = 8000;
ai.SamplesPerTrigger = 56000;
ai.TriggerType = 'Immediate';
start(ai)
[d,t] = getdata(ai);
plot(t,d);
zoom on

I need to add more so that after it Inputs the sine wave depending on the binary coding, I need to decode the sine graph into binary and then convert to ASCII code and display the character I pressed from the first laptop.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back