Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decode and forward - request for resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Angel

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
decode and forward

hi

can any one please define Decode and forward for me?every text writes that in decode and forward, the node decodes,re-encodes and then forwards the signal. i want to know what exactly is meant by "decode" here. does it mean hard decisioning?soft decisioning? or channel decoding? i m really confused. thanks in advance.

decode-and-forward

Any kind of decoding you can use, as in the literature every kind of decoding like repetition, convolutional, etc etc has been applied.

Uncoded transmission is also considered where hard decision is performed on the received signal.

Re: Decode and forward

thanks azmat,

as of my understanding, if u use channel coding(convolutional or block codes) it is catagorized as coded cooperation. while using the decisioning is termed as decode and forward(sometimes these are cotagorized as Detect and Forward protocols).

Re: Decode and forward

Coded cooperation is a form of Decode-and-Forward.
Each user cooperating user, after decoding other users' information, sends parity bits of the information sent by its partner/cooperating user.

paper:

Todd E Hunter
"Cooperation Diversity through Coding"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back