Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Debugging Tools?(newbie Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externalist

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm trying to build a very simple 4 instructions 8bit computer just so I can see how it works. I never really did these kind of things in the past so this could be considered my first mini project. I'm pretty sure I can do the schematics and buy all the chips and stuff I need, but one thing I'm not sure is what kind of tools I would need to debug. After a bit of searching, a couple of tools that come up in my mind is a Logic Analyzer, a voltmeter, and an Oscilloscope. Are there any more tools that are useful to debug/analyze digital circuits? A brief explanation with the tool name would be nice.
Thanks in advance!

Debussy is nice, but it's too expensive! :( I just can't afford it as a student.
Can you recommend any other equivalent free debugging tool? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back