Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

De-embeding an arced feed line Using wave port in HFSS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

malafari

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I have a micro strip loop resonator with a feed line goes to the middle of the loop (my feed line is curved and shaping an arc at some part of my structure).
I know how to use wave port and here I only have one single wave port. My problem is with the length I need to de-embed!

I basically set my wave port on the air box (Radiation box) and stretched my feed line to the wave port location, then I de-embedded that added length of the feed line. until here everything looks good, then I want to de-embed the curved part of my feed line and here comes the problem. When I de-embed for the actual length of the feed line (including the curved part)towards my structure in order to remove the effect of my full feed line, HFSS does not see my curved feed line. Instead it considers the entire length to be a straight line.

Q. Is there any way I can de-embed an arc (curved feed line) using HFSS?
If any one have tried a similar thing, please I need some help here.

Unfortunately changing my design is not an option.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.