Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ddr3 odt and calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

nachumk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am drudging through the DDR3 specifications and I am getting a little mixed up with ODT and ZQCL/S. Here is my first question that I would love to have answered. Thank you!

Rtt Nom - Why are there multiple values? Seems that it is really only used when neither read nor writes are occurring? Is this correct? Unless of course dynamic odt is off, and then it's used during writes. But seems almost wasteful to have both Rtt Nom and Rtt Wr when only one of them is used? Unless Rtt Nom is used when the DQ, DQS, and DMs are idle, but then why bother with multiple values, couldn't it just be static, and strong enough to hold the lines steady? If there's no data going across, then why bother with multiple values? Why is it configurable!!??

I have more questions, but I'm pretty sure the answer to this one will help me with the rest. And I'll post more questions as they come... Thanx again!

Nachum

Status
Not open for further replies.