Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc_shell and formalpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyc59

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I'm trying to put my synopsys design compiler generated netlists through formalpro for LEC, but the netlists infer an unknown module "atbl_3"

Firstly, what is it?
secondly, what is the corresponding library that it appeared in?
lastly, will this library be recognized by formalpro?

-thanks

Synthesis tool: SYNOPSYS DESIGN COMPILER
Formal Verification tool: MENTOR GRAPHICS FORMALPRO

I am using the synthesis tool to generate gate level netlists.
I am using the formal verification too l to verify the netlists to the RTL design. My problem is cross-compatability as the netlists require a library that the formal verification tool cannot recognize.

Last edited:

DC uses some_synthesis_library.lib for synthesis.
FP uses some_synthesis_library.v for verification.

There is no problems with using DC's netlist with FP, as netlist written using standard.

If netlist contain unknown module "atbl_3" then:
- not all *.v files used by FP
- there are differences between *.lib and *.v

Thanks for your help again!

I've decided to stop using design compiler at the moment as I was unable to find the correcy library files. I am currently trying to use Precision RTL with some success. I opened another thread detailing my other problem with Precision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back