Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC voltage source vs DC current

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlduong

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A DC voltage source develops 10 V DC at its output terminals. A DC current
source that you found at the flea market develops 10 A maximum when properly
loaded. Is the first device a high-resistance device, or a low-resistance one? How
about the second device?

The 1st device should be a low output resistance because you want to transfer all of the voltage to the load. The Thevenin equivalence of the 1st one is a voltage source in series with the output resistance. The second one is high output resistance to transfer the current to the load.

Could u please more specific? I read some other explaination, but still I don't get it

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh by the way, I have ome more question: Is it easier to make DC current source or DC voltage source. THanks

Take a look here **broken link removed**

I think it will answer your questions. Also, voltages source are easier to make because most electronic sources behave like voltage sources so a bit of regulation
is needed to make them behave as good voltage sources. To make a current source
you must regulate the current of an electronics source -- this can make it more complicated.

v_c

If the 1st device use a low output resistance, the second denice will be used a high output resistance. Because directly porportional to resistance.

R=V/I

V=IR

I=V/R

R = resistance
I = current
V = voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.