Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Voltage Doubler Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

umerhuzaifa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assalamualaekum! everybody,

A nice group..:smile:
i am working on a usb mobile charger.It was easy had i required only a 5V supply to charge my thing but it turned out that its charger actually gave something around 8V so i need to have a supply of around this value "out of 5V of USB".I think 10V will also do.(kindly guide if not).
Can anyone please share any dc multiplier circuit..?

Walaikam salam
The DC Voltage can not be doubled. It needs atleast pulsating DC if not AC. If it was delivering 5 volts earlier and now it is givig 8 voltas then the control circuitry inside the charger is gone bad. If you put up a clear picture of the same of the PCB I may help you to fix it.

Sometimes charger give us 6volt but 8v is not possible.Thats the internal circuitry error.

Salam aleekum
I also would like very much to see how your schematic looks like, umerhuzaifa; can you post an image of it here?
Ed Goulart

Status
Not open for further replies.